The 33rd Magnetic Recording Conference will be held at Western Digital Milpitas campus on August 29-31, 2022. The focus of TMRC 2022 is Solid State Magnetic Memory and Recording Technologies for >3 Tbits/in2.
Approximately 36 invited papers of the highest quality will be presented orally at the conference and will later be published in the IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. Poster sessions will also be held following the oral sessions and will feature posters from the invited speakers and accepted contributed posters. Presenters of invited & contributed papers are encouraged for publication.
Topics of interest include:
Solid State Memory – Devices and Applications
- Spin Transfer Torque-Magnetic Random Access Memory (MTJ cell, MRAM chip manufacturing and roadmap)
- MRAM– New Physics & Materials (MRAM architecture, VC-MRAM, SOT-MRAM, TI & 2D materials)
- New Architectures and Applications for In-Memory and Near Memory Compute, Advanced Memory Bus Architectures, AI, ML and Neuromorphic Compute, 2.5 and 3D applications, Harsh environments
Advanced Generation Recording Technologies
- Heat Assisted Magnetic Recording (HAMR System, Head/Media and HDI)
- Microwave-Assisted Magnetic Recording (MAMR), Energy-Assisted Magnetic Recording (EAMR)
- Alternative Magnetic Recording Technologies (SMR, TDMR, HIMR, Heated-dot, Tape, All Optical Switching)
Advanced Magnetic Recording for > 3 Tbits/in2 including Readers, Writers, Servo, Tribology, HDI, Signal Processing
Recording and Memory Fundamentals (Metrology, Tooling, Materials, Recording Physics)
Call for Nominations:
We are pleased to invite you to submit nominations for invited speakers for TMRC 2022.
Please view the below Call for Speaker Nominations pamphlet and submit your nominations by completing the Invited Speaker Nomination Form by April 11, 2022.
Call for Speaker Nominations - PDF Flyer
Conference Policies Regarding Photography And Screen Captures For TMRC 2022
Attendance at, or participation in, any IEEE conference constitutes consent to the use and distribution by IEEE of the attendee’s image or voice for informational, publicity, promotional and/or reporting purposes in print or electronic communications media.
Video recording by participants and other attendees during any portion of the conference is not allowed without special prior written permission of IEEE.
Photographs of copyrighted PowerPoint or other slides are for personal use only and are not to be reproduced or distributed. Do not photograph any such images that are labeled as confidential and/or proprietary.
Disclaimer: TMRC and the IEEE will not be responsible/liable for improper use of copyrighted materials by participants. We ask that participants fully adhere to the IEEE Conference Policies