The 33rd Magnetic Recording Conference (TMRC)
August 29-31, 2022
The 33rd Magnetic Recording Conference will be held at Western Digital Milpitas campus on August 29-31, 2022. The focus of TMRC 2022 is Solid State Magnetic Memory and Recording Technologies for >3 Tbits/in2.
Approximately 36 invited papers of the highest quality will be presented orally at the conference and will later be published in the IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. Poster sessions will also be held following the oral sessions and will feature posters from the invited speakers and accepted contributed posters. Presenters of invited & contributed papers are encouraged for publication.
Topics of interest include:
Solid State Memory – Devices and Applications
- Spin Transfer Torque-Magnetic Random Access Memory (MTJ cell, MRAM chip manufacturing and roadmap)
- MRAM– New Physics & Materials (MRAM architecture, VC-MRAM, SOT-MRAM, TI & 2D materials)
- New Architectures and Applications for In-Memory and Near Memory Compute, Advanced Memory Bus Architectures, AI, ML and Neuromorphic Compute, 2.5 and 3D applications, Harsh environments
Advanced Generation Recording Technologies
- Heat Assisted Magnetic Recording (HAMR System, Head/Media and HDI)
- Microwave-Assisted Magnetic Recording (MAMR), Energy-Assisted Magnetic Recording (EAMR)
- Alternative Magnetic Recording Technologies (SMR, TDMR, HIMR, Heated-dot, Tape, All Optical Switching)
Advanced Magnetic Recording for > 3 Tbits/in2 including Readers, Writers, Servo, Tribology, HDI, Signal Processing
Recording and Memory Fundamentals (Metrology, Tooling, Materials, Recording Physics)
Call for Nominations:
We are pleased to invite you to submit nominations for invited speakers for TMRC 2022.
Please view the below Call for Speaker Nominations pamphlet and submit your nominations by completing the Invited Speaker Nomination Form by April 11, 2022.
Call for Speaker Nominations - PDF Flyer
Invited Speaker Nomination Form
Call For Poster Digests:
We are pleased to invite you to submit poster digests for contributed posters for TMRC 2022.
Please view the below Call for Poster Digests pamphlet and submit your digests to the Poster Co-chairs by June 13, 2022.
Call For Poster Digests - PDF Flyer
The Digest Book can be downloaded here: Digest Book - PDF
Registration for TMRC 2022 is open!
To complete your registration in several easy steps, please click below to be redirected to a secure partner website, containing information about registration fees and registration options.
The 33rd The Magnetic Recording Conference (TMRC 2022) will be held on August 29-31, 2022 at the Western Digital Milpitas Campus.
Please visit our page for important dates and deadlines.
Subscribe to our email list!
To receive information about TMRC 2022 via email, please subscribe here